MicrostockGroup Sponsors


Author Topic: The Importance of Correct Keywords.  (Read 8228 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2016, 04:59 »
0
netiquette also requires to read a comment properly and then you would have noticed it was addressed to someone else

netiquette also requires to write a comment properly if you want to be understood.

Is rtg an english word????
I do not know any rtg
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 05:06 by Chichikov »


« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2016, 05:27 »
+3
netiquette also requires to read a comment properly and then you would have noticed it was addressed to someone else

netiquette also requires to write a comment properly if you want to be understood.

Is rtg an english word????
I do not know any rtg

hahahaha it's a lazy version of Rose Tinted Glasses - a member posting in this thread

« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2016, 05:39 »
+1
as for the city names, chichikov already touched on that

Yes, a simple example, the transliteration of capital of Ukraine.
Киев (Kiev) in Russian
Київ (Kyiv) in Ukrainian

The official language in Ukraine is Ukrainian (even if everybody speaks also Russian there).

In October 2006, the United States federal government changed its official spelling of the city name to Kyiv, upon the recommendation of the US Board of Geographic Names. The British government has also started using Kyiv.

So why the Shutterstock system continues to accept Kiev and to reject Kyiv?
I dont mean that Kiev should be rejected, because it is still very used, and honestly it is still the most used form all over the world, but Kyiv should not be considered as an error because it is the official orthography.
In my opinion both transliterations should be accepted.

Never heard of Kyiv

Kiev it is for me and probably 99% of the English speaking world the other 1% are politically correct and don't count :D

« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2016, 15:43 »
0
as for the city names, chichikov already touched on that

Yes, a simple example, the transliteration of capital of Ukraine.
Киев (Kiev) in Russian
Київ (Kyiv) in Ukrainian

The official language in Ukraine is Ukrainian (even if everybody speaks also Russian there).

In October 2006, the United States federal government changed its official spelling of the city name to Kyiv, upon the recommendation of the US Board of Geographic Names. The British government has also started using Kyiv.

So why the Shutterstock system continues to accept Kiev and to reject Kyiv?
I dont mean that Kiev should be rejected, because it is still very used, and honestly it is still the most used form all over the world, but Kyiv should not be considered as an error because it is the official orthography.
In my opinion both transliterations should be accepted.

Never heard of Kyiv

Kiev it is for me and probably 99% of the English speaking world the other 1% are politically correct and don't count :D

Right. What will buyers search for. End of spelling lesson.


 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
3 Replies
2626 Views
Last post August 12, 2006, 18:48
by Quevaal
17 Replies
5608 Views
Last post January 15, 2009, 15:49
by sharply_done
35 Replies
9055 Views
Last post July 28, 2009, 19:24
by PixelBytes
2 Replies
1759 Views
Last post August 05, 2011, 15:43
by microstockphoto.co.uk
10 Replies
5179 Views
Last post December 13, 2011, 19:03
by cybernesco

Sponsors

Microstock Poll Results