pancakes

MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Any experience with USPhotoStock.com?  (Read 7944 times)

« on: July 26, 2006, 19:32 »
This exchange was on another forum, and I wondered if anyone here had any information that might be of help...

Message from dbvirago

USPhotoStock.com real?

"This site has been accepting everything, until a few days ago when the uploads would bomb out. No one answers online support and email to support bounces. Wouldn't be concerned, but it appears that the function that accepts money still works. Not sure if there is a problem or it's a scam. Anyone use them?"

Reply from Stockman

"Never received a payment.  I have submitted here before. I have about $20 in payments. I am not sure that there is anyone actively there. I think it was a weekend project and then it sits without a captain.

I have noticed that the interface is very primitive and never seems to change. I stopped submitted to them, but have yet to pull my images from the site. Not sure yet what I think...."

I'm with them myself, and it seems that the ratio of views (quite a few) compared to the number of downloads (not many) is kind of out of sync, compared to other sites that I'm on.

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 00:04 »
yeah i checked them out one day a while back and what was said seems to be about what i found.  It seemed like a cheap quickly put up store front ready to take my money and images.  I decided not to submit. I have other sites to spend my time with.

ianhlnd

• tough men are pussys
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 13:24 »
Something interesting, I also have a very high - up to 76 views-- on this site,  no sales!!

But, if you right click the photo, you can download the photo at a reasonable size for web work, with no watermark.  As you've seen, there's no way to auto delete photos, so I sent an email to the administrator to delete my gallery.

Ian

ianhlnd

• tough men are pussys
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 11:58 »
Just a follow-up to my earlier post.  I've emailed USPHOTOSTOCK twice now requesting that my gallery be deleted.  Their response was to not allow my log-on.  Getting past that, with another user name, I did see that all my photos are still intact using their search engine, So, the only thing I can figure is that they are keeping the photos but eliminating my gallery??

Anybody else having trouble with this site?  I would advise anyone considering uploading to them proceed with caution.

Ian

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 13:48 »
boy that seems like a bit of a rip of and possibly illegal. Tell is us you find anything more out.

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 15:33 »
I'm getting really nervous now...just tried to get on the site, and got "This website is temporarily offline."  And a notice alongside to contact knet.com, which is a site for software to set up a site to sell photos online.  Could be it's offline for updating reasons (I'm trying to be optimistic here), but most sites don't do upgrading at this time of day (in the middle of a Friday afternoon).  Not a good sign, I think.

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2006, 15:37 »
Sorry...they just made a liar out of me.  The site's back online.

ianhlnd

• tough men are pussys
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2006, 21:14 »
After not getting any response from the administrators of this site, Okay, so here's what I did:  I deleted most of the file names, and then deleted key words and put see, shutterstock, fotolia, featurepics, canstock, 123rrf and maybe others.  Do you think that will get my gallery deleted????    search "visit" and see what comes up.

Sometimes you just got to get things in hand.

Ian

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2006, 01:24 »
After not getting any response from the administrators of this site, Okay, so here's what I did: I deleted most of the file names, and then deleted key words and put see, shutterstock, fotolia, featurepics, canstock, 123rrf and maybe others. Do you think that will get my gallery deleted???? search "visit" and see what comes up.

Sometimes you just got to get things in hand.

Ian

Yup .. did a search using "fotolia" and pictures came up. Let's see if somebody's really taking care of the pictures there...  :-\

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2006, 00:48 »
Just tried to log onto USPhotoStock site, and got the following message:

"USPHOTOSTOCK.COM temporarily unavailable. We are doing everything possible to resolve this problem in a timely manner. We will update you as soon as we can. It should not take more than 3-5 days.
Thank you for understanding.

USPHOTOSTOCK team"

3-5 days?!!!

Uh-oh...

Looks like somebody forgot to pay a bill...

dbvirago

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2006, 15:33 »
Hello, dbvirago here. My post was quoted at the top of this thread. The only way I got any one to respond to me there was do a whois to find the owners email address. The site has been flaky and I've had login problems to. Last time, there were no pix so I coudn't delete my gallery. To answer one poster above, I don't think there is anything you could do to get to delete images. They accepted 100% of everything submitted.

As I posted elsewhere, if they're not shut down soon, I will report them to the Utah AG's office. Through all the problems with the site, the page that accepts your credit card info has always worked.

P.s. just found this forum - it's what I've been looking for.

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2006, 16:14 »
Like the previous poster  [ dbvirago ]  I too am new to this forum and a recent USPS orphan.  I was also new to USPS.  I am usually fanatical about the old 'right click' option and am disturbed to read the comment made here about that. I sure don't know how that got past me with USPS. It is usually one of the first things I do when checking out a site.  I too am happy to find the discussion here and am extremely interested to see what develops.  It is probably safe to say that the rest of you have experience this......   all of the pix I uploaded to USPS, I've loaded onto Dreamstime and others.  Curious, I've sold on others,  but not USPS....    or am I being overly paranoid now?      Staying tuned...  ciao, TGT

ianhlnd

• tough men are pussys
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2006, 19:02 »
Hi, I've got a couple posts on this thread, see above.  I just logged on to usps to see if my portfolio was still up and got this message:

I got he same message,

YUP, I think its been unavailable for a long time

Ian

dbvirago

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2006, 18:54 »
They're baaaack. Looks the same, still has my one sale posted. Parts of site still broken and no word anywhere about what happened or where they've been.

Don't trust them.

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2006, 22:07 »
Just checked the status os USPhotoStock, and out of curiosity searched using Ian's phoney keywords.  A bunch of images by "Ninon" came up, so it appears they haven't bothered to remove the images (assuming Ninon is Ian).  Unbelievable.

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2006, 08:21 »
Who knows??   There's something strange there...  I went on USPS in June this year.  Have 131 pix there, only 4 downloads, yet 21,719 hits.  ?

Same pix are on 7 other sites  and are producing cash on a regular basis.  When you check the  upload quantity vs hits vs sales of the top sellers there, do the math,  it is grossly dis-proportionate.

Yet, there are some really fantastic shots on this site, some really great photogs...  (many of whom are on this forum).   After seeing all the hassle and non-productive return on the efforts of many here trying to shut down their accounts..   I've never bothered..

I'd really like to know how many of you;
1. Tried USPS
2.  Experienced 'proportionate' sales  to your other sites
        [I imagine they didn't]
3. Have tried to shut down/close their account
4.  Succeeded in deleting their accounts

or,  how many still have photos there and can't seem to do anything about it.  6 months, 4 sales, 21719 hits ...  it isn't worth the time checking in everyday to see if anything changed.

One more question, if any of you DID succeed in closing down, can you bulk delete or do you have to do it pic by pic?

Time is precious.  If I have the same pix everywhere, and on one or two sites they don't sell at all,  I'd just a soon bail out and devote that time to the places that give me a return.     Be VERY interested in your thoughts, comments and experiences.    -tom

dbvirago

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2006, 08:47 »
I couldn't find a bulk delete. Emailed support. It took twice, but they finally deleted my account. Can't find my pix in a search, so assume they are gone.

ianhlnd

• tough men are pussys
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2006, 09:58 »
Karimela, 

Yeah, that's me, Ninon, I've requested several times for them to delete my images, they're still there under the other stock site names and Ninon,  I put a bunch under other stock site names hoping to get some attention, no luck.  I think it's running on remote control or something.

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2007, 15:44 »
My goodness.....   I sold a picture on USPS yesteday...

wow, that takes me up to  a grand total of    5 sales since  June 2006!!

I'm really excited now...  i should see my first check sometime in  August 2008!!

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2007, 19:55 »
I've got 141 pics with them and two sales since about late August. I don't upload much there anymore. If sales pick up I may upload more.