MicrostockGroup Sponsors


Author Topic: yaymicro - new microstock site  (Read 20141 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

« on: March 24, 2008, 12:33 »
0
I've just been emailed by a new microstock site, called yaymicro, which is looking for contributors.
Any of you guys have already heard about it?

Best regards,
Diego


« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 12:35 »
0
hmm.. i think i'll wait for a bit my 'new sites' quota is allready filled

edit:  I really wonder how many new sites start up each month...

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 12:41 »
0
With a name like that, why would anyone NOT want to join???  :D :D :D

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 15:52 »
0
I'm only going to join new sites that pay me to upload my porfolio.  8)

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 15:54 »
0
They have been in touch with me too. You never know upfront whether they will be successful or not, but the good things are:

* they are macro-stock professionals
* they do have start capital
* they do have a plan and they don't rush to open "beta"
* they do listen to contributors very carefully

The main bad thing is that they are new while there are already quite big players around....

And one thing which I am not sure whether it's really bad or not is that they don't seem to have large enough start capital to plan for a massive marketing, but they plan selective targeted marketing. With the founders coming from macro-stock this could be not a bad thing if they already have a network of contacts in that market...

They are at the bottom of my list, but when I have some spare time (like a break at work between the meetings) I am uploading little by little.
P.S. LuckyOliver and Canstock are even lower in my list, so why not give Yay a try?

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 16:46 »
0
Just joined, why not? SY

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 16:52 »
0
if i had just one image, it would make sense to join a site a day ...

gbcimages

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 17:48 »
0
I joined today,thought i would try this one for awhile.

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 18:15 »
0
Any of you guys have already heard about it?

Yap and I'd wish you would have kept it private for a while like all other people did here.  ;D
Right now they work mostly on invitation till their site is 100%. No beta at all, but shock and awe when ready. Next week they'll put a referral program in place and it would have been better to announce it then. They will launch in June after they got 200,000 shots and when the site works flawlessly.

That's called the non-Snapvillage approach  ;D

It's the site with the least number of clicks to upload I know of.
Very fast FTP, flawless.
Correct import of all IPTC fields, even "country" for those that use it.
Limit of 50 keywords.
Great MRF attach pop-up screen with model thumbs and checkboxes per model - fine for couple or group shots.
No categories: after FTP upload, one click on the completion page is enough to submit (easier and faster than Featurepics).
Review time of 5 seconds (last week).
They take editorial and I have the impression they are runaways from a large established Scandinavian editorial macro site.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 18:29 by FlemishDreams »

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2008, 18:33 »
0
Yay! have just signed up as I am going to pull the plug on a couple of no hopers!

By the way here is a link

http://www.yaymicro.com/view.action;jsessionid=944EDB4375A9F5FF40680473234D0E5B.25
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 18:37 by takestock »

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 18:43 »
0
Yay! have just signed up as I am going to pull the plug on a couple of no hopers!
It can never be worse than Albumo.
And they pay in Euros.

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 18:59 »
0
Simple, fast, easy... and Euros  :) great !

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2008, 19:06 »
0
Just signed up and uploaded 11 images and they were accepted already in a matter of minutes. I shoot mainly wildlife and nature, hopefully they will do well there. I know its harder to make sales in that niche but that's what I enjoy doing.

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2008, 19:12 »
0
Simple, fast, easy... and Euros  :) great !

We love Euros because...  ;D

gbcimages

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2008, 19:13 »
0
Just signed up and uploaded 11 images and they were accepted already in a matter of minutes. I shoot mainly wildlife and nature, hopefully they will do well there. I know its harder to make sales in that niche but that's what I enjoy doing.

I was looking at your portfolio you have some nice images of wildlife. Are you a hunter?

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2008, 19:17 »
0
Hunt with a camera only, get just as much satisfaction with a camera, maybe even more. Thanks for the compliment.

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2008, 00:44 »
0
Yay! have just signed up as I am going to pull the plug on a couple of no hopers!
It can never be worse than Albumo.
And they pay in Euros.

Albumo :D :D :D  5 months and 50 cents in sales with 300 images. I let them have the 50 cents and jumped ship. Didn't care about their "upload bonus" either. I'd be waiting until 2012 for any payout with the traffic they get. I dunno, there was just something that bugged me about that site. So being out is one less thing to worry about.

Yay Euros!

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2008, 02:22 »
0

They take editorial and I have the impression they are runaways from a large established Scandinavian editorial macro site.

Ah, I see now they are in Norway.  That makes at least 3 norwegian microstock sites.  Surprising there are so many here... must be something in the water :)

DanP68

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2008, 03:30 »
0
How different is this from the Canadian site, "WooYaymicro"?

RT


« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2008, 05:17 »
0
Yap and I'd wish you would have kept it private for a while like all other people did here.  ;D

Well said, when I got my email I was impressed that it was personally written and as a result I've uploaded there.

It would seem now that anybody can contribute, I just hope they maintain the site on a professional level, they've started out well and have a good marketing strategy and background.

For anybody that has joined as a result of seeing this thread I implore you to maintain a level of professionalism on this site, don't turn the forum into something like LO or FP which now come over as sites for amateur snappers, that will kill Yaymicro and we'll all lose out on any potential sales.

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2008, 08:16 »
0
Yap and I'd wish you would have kept it private for a while like all other people did here.  ;D

Well said, when I got my email I was impressed that it was personally written and as a result I've uploaded there.

It would seem now that anybody can contribute, I just hope they maintain the site on a professional level, they've started out well and have a good marketing strategy and background.

For anybody that has joined as a result of seeing this thread I implore you to maintain a level of professionalism on this site, don't turn the forum into something like LO or FP which now come over as sites for amateur snappers, that will kill Yaymicro and we'll all lose out on any potential sales.

You know what kills Yaymicro?  "Yaymicro" - Thats just as bad a name as "Snapvillage" and/or "LuckyOliver". 

80/20 rule.  80% of your revenue will come from 20% of the sites (if not now, but eventually) - your time to upload to the remaining 80% isn't worth that 20% -

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2008, 11:14 »
0
Very smooth indeed, and Norwegian... how can I resist? Gotta support those poor souls up there in the freezing north   :D

I'm in. First photos approved already. But how do I tell them that a photo is editorial?

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2008, 11:22 »
0
Very smooth indeed, and Norwegian... how can I resist? Gotta support those poor souls up there in the freezing north   :D

I'm in. First photos approved already. But how do I tell them that a photo is editorial?

when you are editing the info for an image there is a box where you change it from being 'artistic' to 'editorial'

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2008, 11:28 »
0
Very smooth indeed, and Norwegian... how can I resist? Gotta support those poor souls up there in the freezing north   :D

I'm in. First photos approved already. But how do I tell them that a photo is editorial?

when you are editing the info for an image there is a box where you change it from being 'artistic' to 'editorial'

Found it, thanks  :)

PaulieWalnuts

  • On the Wrong Side of the Business
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2008, 12:16 »
0
80/20 rule.  80% of your revenue will come from 20% of the sites (if not now, but eventually) - your time to upload to the remaining 80% isn't worth that 20% -

That's what I'm finding too.


 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
5 Replies
3473 Views
Last post August 14, 2006, 19:49
by phildate
4 Replies
1959 Views
Last post September 02, 2015, 05:07
by Dog-maDe-sign
25 Replies
7146 Views
Last post February 08, 2017, 04:50
by mikulski
2 Replies
4320 Views
Last post June 30, 2016, 11:17
by noodle
20 Replies
6430 Views
Last post June 07, 2019, 07:24
by 50%

Sponsors

Microstock Poll Results