MicrostockGroup Sponsors

Author Topic: Some question regarding tax withholding issues..  (Read 1516 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

« on: October 11, 2015, 02:38 »
Hi everyone,

I have a tax question and I hope I'll get an answer here.

My nationality as shown on my passport is Malaysia, which is not on the tax treaty list, and I am currently on a 30% witholding tax.

However I am a permanent resident of Australia, and Australia is on the tax treaty country list and is only subject to 5% tax.

I wonder in my case I should be categorised under "country that has a tax treaty" or "country that do not has a tax treaty"? It would make a huge difference to the amount of money I get.

I hope my questions are clear and looking forward to an answer,thanks everyone! =)

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 05:23 »
My dear friend,
my decision is that You must be on 5% witholding tax.
OK ? Will this help to solve Your problem?
I do not think so!

So, the question:
What will You do now?

Answer: maybe should You explain this situation to SS support...

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 20:44 »
I have the same situation here, i have two citizenships, i live in south america but im also Spanish... Spain have some king of deal, actually my passport is Spanish... the problem is that your taxes situation may be related to your residential country (i guess)...


Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
389 Replies
Last post June 05, 2009, 15:10
by Mormegil
2 Replies
Last post February 27, 2013, 16:46
by icefront
6 Replies
Last post November 20, 2013, 18:45
by MatHayward
3 Replies
Last post March 26, 2014, 14:27
by Pilens
40 Replies
Last post June 13, 2015, 16:35
by ShadySue


Mega Bundle of 5,900+ Professional Lightroom Presets

Microstock Poll Results


3100 Posing Cards Bundle